What We Do
Bart Hope provides quality expert rental management for investors seeking to maximize the value of their investments within the Hampton Roads, VA, area.
What We Handle For You
- Establish market rental rates for your property.
- Advise what needs to be done to put your property in rent ready condition.
- Suggest what appliances should stay and which should be removed – and why.
- Arrange and supervise turnkey services: repairs, painting and cleaning at reasonable prices.
- Aggressively market the property for rent using a variety of advertising tools.
- Do a extensively pre-screening, credit, employment, residence history, and back ground checks before approving a new tenant.
- Rent to only the best qualified tenants.
- Negotiate a lease with the very best terms to benefit you, the homeowner.
- Use our lease agreement with the appropriate addendums and extra clauses to provide you with the maximum protection under current Virginia law.
- Meet with tenants to review lease agreement requirements in detail.
- Conduct a move-in inspection with tenants to thoroughly document the condition of the property – Including photographic records.
- During move in inspection explain to tenant where utility cutoffs are located, how systems work, and how to handle simple maintenance functions. Handle maintenance requests from the tenant.
- Screen out unnecessary work orders from the tenant.
- Address lease compliance problems.
- Collect rent and use all legal, aggressive rent collection procedures when rent is outstanding.
- Report to Credit Bureau if tenant leaves owing balance.
- Do move out inspection and make necessary repairs deduct any damages from tenant’s deposit.
- Coordinate owner’s requested services such as termite inspections, appraisals, periodic maintenance.
- Use reasonably priced maintenance vendors who get the job done right.
- Track lease expiration dates and handle lease renewals.
- Provide monthly owner’s statement with proceeds check to owner.
- Provide comprehensive “End of Year Statement” your bookkeeping.
- Keep the owner informed. Both with personal calls and through our 24/7 Owner’s Portal
- Give you the personal service only a small team can provide.
- Bart Hope is 30 years licensed by Virginia Real Estate Commission
- Owned and Managed Residential Rentals 34 years
- Member National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM)
- Circle of Excellence Award Winner
Ready to Start?
You’ll receive our complete explanation of our services, fees and copies of our Property Management Agreement, Rental Agreement and our Tenant Handbook.